Flat Roofing Derby
Your Derby Roofing Professionals for flat roofing sysems, single ply
roofing, rubber roofing, and the like.
Derby Roofers is a trusted and reliable roofing company, with decades of experience. We specialize in flat roofing services and provide our customers with honest answers about their roofing needs. We understand that everyone has different expectations for what they want from their new flat roof or flat roof repair project. That’s why whatever your roofing need, your project will be completed by an experienced roofing professional who knows the trade inside out.
We at Derby Roofers have been serving homeowners and business for decades for both new roofs and repairs alike; whether its asphalt shingles or metal roofing, conventional or modern roofing, our team will be there every step of the way and provide all necessary inspections so you know exactly what’s going on with your building.
Flat Roof Systems
We provide expert flat roof installation, replacement or repair services for our clients! The most common roofing in the UK is the flat roof. When it comes to flat roofs, there are many factors to consider including life expectancy, expected wind resistance and how much weight the roof will hold. Flat roof repair should always be performed by an expert company such as ours so that your home or business stays protected for years into the future.
- Roofing materials are classified by composition, covering material, surface finish or shape. There are about six main types under each category including asphalt shingle roofs , metal roofs, cedar shake roofs , clay tile roofs, slate tiles and concrete tiles.
- Flat roofs are a popular choice for many homes in Derby as they don’t require additional supports unlike some other types of roofing services like tiled roofs which do have structural requirements that must be met during installation.
If you’re interested in getting your home’s exterior fixed up with new roofing materials, contact us, we are your trust flat roofers at Derby Roofers today. Check out the testimonials and reviews we have received with regard to the work we have completed.
Flat Roofing Options
The are various types of flat roofs such as
- EPDM rubber roof
- Modified Bitumen
- TPO-rubber roofs
- Built up felt roof and
- Single ply roof.
These roofing systems are applicable to both residential and commercial buildings, to both home and office.
EPDM rubber roof is a flat roof design that is made up of two layers, one layer that is mainly comprised of rubber and the other which has a fabric reinforcement.
TPO-rubber roofs are similar to EPDM rubber roof but they have an extra mineral surface on top for added protection against weather elements like snow, ice and rain while also adding more durability. Related to these are GRP roofs which are made up of two layers, one which is fiberglass and the other resin that has a mineral surface.
Built up felt roof are made from multiple layers of felts usually three to five with each layer being compressed together. A base asphalt used as an adhesive holds these in place while also adding water protection. The most common type is regular bitumen roofing which uses hot rolled asphalt but there are various options available today including self-adhesive roof membrane or single ply roof membrane etc.
Modified Bitumen flat roofing needs additional materials such as aluminum sheets or fiberglass mats in order to reinforce it thus making it sturdier than TPO-rubber roofs. A typical Modified Bitumen roof will last around 20 years with proper maintenance whereas TPO-Rubber would only need replacement after 25 years or so if installed properly. Since this type of roof does not require any additional materials, it is considered one of the most cost effective roofing options available today. It is best applied on building such as warehouses, garages etc. Modified Bitumen roofing is also cost-effective when it comes to roof repairs and maintenance. Since the installation process of this type of roof does not need much in terms of additional materials or tools, there are no high costs involved with these types of roof repairs which makes them extremely cheap if compared to other roofing types. The main drawback for this type of flat roofs is that they are not suitable for high traffic areas due to their tendency to be less durable than other types. Another disadvantage is its susceptibility to damage from ultraviolet rays which will reduce life expectancy considerably if proper care and maintenance procedures are not followed.
Contact us to day for no-obligation consultation and to obtain a free quote.
Flat Roofing Options
Flat roof services include a wide array of options, including but not limited to:
- Flat roof repairs
- Flat roof replacements
- New flat roofs
- Guttering installation and gutter repair
- Roof coatings and sealants
We are you reliable and dependable and trustworthy flat roofing contractor. Contact us today.
Roofing Builders Near Me – Our Roofing Capabilities
General Questions on Flat Roofing Services
What is the best roofing material for a flat roof?
Roofing materials used in flat roofing system depends on the functional requirements of the building, regional climate conditions and availability of local material supplies. The common roofing materials often found in flat roofs are
- Asphalt shingle or rolling felt (fibreglass)
- Built up roof – asphalt with gravel fill over mineral surfaced rolled roofing underlayment
- Bituminous membrane system – also known as “rubber built up” which consists of one to three plies, hot rubberized asphalt adhered to strong woven fabrics such as polyester or fiberglass scrim reinforced polymer laminate . This type can be either fully adhered or mechanically attached with adhesive tape systems along joints
- Flexible membrane or PVC roofing
- Modified bitumen membranes (MBM) which are used in steep slope applications and usually come with a mineral surface treatment. They can be installed as single ply systems, built up roofs, ballasted roofs, fully adhered decks over insulation , fluid applied membranes like rubberized asphalt roll roofing underlayment that is mechanically attached to the deck using adhesive tape or mechanical fasteners.
Some materials will require regular waterproof coatings for protection against UV rays while others may not need any coating at all. Others still should be coated depending on their exposure to sunlight & weather conditions. The cost of maintenance depends largely upon how often it needs attention but also other factors such as location, type of roof (flat, pitched) and the materials used.
Is there a problem with flat roofs?
While flat roofs are definitely preferred for commercial buildings, there are some issues that can arise if not properly maintained. These include water leaks and damage to the roof deck. Flat roofs are known for the following typical problems:
- Leaks: Especially when they are not maintained, flat roofs can suffer from leaks. This is especially true if there has been damage to the roofing or flashing and it’s gone unnoticed for a while.
- Water ponding on the surface: If you’re seeing water pooling up on your roof, this could be caused by any number of problems such as an accumulation of debris that needs removing but also drainage issues like incorrect grading around drains or too shallow downspouts.
These are not problems inherent in flat roofs but can result from poor roof maintenance or a roof that has been installed incorrectly.
These common problems are why it’s important to hire a commercial roofing contractor you can trust for your flat roof, whether it needs major repairs or regular upkeep and maintenance. When hiring such contractors, there are certain things you should ask them in order to assess their experience with the type of work required on your building as well as what they will do to maintain or repair your flat roof so these types of issues never arise again.
What is the average cost to replace a flat roof?
The average cost to replace a flat roof in the United Kingdom can vary depending on the size, type of roofing material used and materials needed. The cost can be as low as £600 to £1500 for a small roof, but it can also be as high as £20 000.
Replacing a flat roof is an expensive project that not everyone will have the budget for or want to do on their own. For this reason, specialists like Derby Roofers are here to help you make informed decisions about your options and get the job done right – whatever it costs!
Contact Your Local Roofer In Derby – Very Competitive Offer
“Very friendly and professional. They delivered my job on time and at a good price.”
DERBY ROOFERS – That is what we aim to hear from you all the time.